Monday 31 October 2011

INITIAL PLANS OF MY MUSIC MAGAZINE

Here are my first ideas for my publication plans. I made these desicions after carrying out my research into the market place. These are my first ideas because after I have analysed feedback from a questionnaire that I will produce, then I can make my final decisions for my production plans.

Price:
From looking at the three magazines I have I researched, I can see that the price all depends on the issue size. I want my magazine to have a large issue size so have decided to price it at £3.99.

Frequency of Publication:
Because it is going to be a large magazine size, that I want to have filled with good interviews and articles, plus lots of other regular content, I am going to have my magazine published monthly.

Issue Size:
Q and Mojo magazine are the type of magazine foundations that I am going to follow. Looking and researching their magazines, I have decided to have 120-130 pages per issue, so that I am able to include lots of feature articles that will attract the readers.

Regular Content:
In my regular content I am going to have chart lists, top 10 songs of the month, live gig reviews, album reviews, new music releases, fan mail, an editors letter, up-and-coming artists, my magazines favourite hidden artists of that month, and ‘good month for.. bad month for..’ as my regular content. Looking at the magazines I have researched, they all have chart lists, reviews and music recommendations in their magazines.

Feature Articles:
For my feature articles I am going to have a Biography of Ben Howard and an interview with the kicks. Because different artists release new albums, new songs, tour dates and the obvious drama happens in the music world, feature articles can vary all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment