Friday 7 October 2011

PRODUCTION OF MY SCHOOL MAGAZINE CONTENTS PAGE

Here are the six stages in which my contents page was made. I used quark express when creating my contents page. I found this a fairly simple task and as with my front cover, found it useful doing this task to get used to using the new sofware.


Stage one
I started with a blank page on Quark express for my contents page. The page has line as a guide for positioning your text. I found this really useful as my ontents page was set out in three columns
 
Stage two
Next I added my title and the pictures. I used the same font on my front cover on my title (Bell Gothic) and then placed my pictures on to help me when adding my text. I added a border around the picture on the top left, so that it would stand out. I did this because the story that that picture goes with is on the front cover and it is the story I wanted my audience to focus on because I consider that story the most interesting.

Stage three
Next I added my first column of text. First I added a quote from the main article and placed it underneath my first picture. I did this because giving a sneak peak of the article would hopefully nterest the readers and make them want to read the rest of the article and buy the magazine. I used the same font as the title for the rest of my text.

Stage four
In stage four I added my second column of text. I had to use two text boxes to make the text fit around the picture im the middle. As in all of the text I have put the article titles in capital letters so they will stand out and the a few lines with added detail to what the article is about.

Stage five
The last text I added was my third column and the website at the top. I added the website to the top in a seperate text box as with the third column. At this stage the layout and text on my contents page was all finished. I found it easy using quark express for this task, it just took me a little while to get used to the buttons for text and pictures.

Stage six
Lastly I added the colours to my contents page. I kept with the same colour scheme of purple pink and white. I had a purple background because that is the colour of the school uniform and I think it is quite a girlie colour as it is a school for girls. I did the word 'CONTENT' in pink so it would stand out and grab the readers attention. The rest of the writing was in black, bar the page numbers which were in white. I did this so that the reader could read the article that would stand out because it is in capital locks, and then if theyw ere interested in reading it, could see the page number and go straight to it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment