Tuesday 4 October 2011

PRODUCTION OF MY SCHOOL MAGAZINE FRONT COVER

Here are the five stages in which my magazine cover was made. I used photshop when making my front cover. I found this easy and was happy with my outcome.

 Stage one
I started with a blank white page in photshop and then started adding my layers of images and text.

Stage two
I first added my main back image which is also the background of my front cover. The three students dominate the front cover and relate to one of my main stories about new 6th formers setteling in. I thought this was a good picture to have because they are all smiling and look like friendly students. This is how I wanted my magazine to be represented.

Stage three
Next I added my bar code and the second image on top of my back ground image as a layer. I uploaded each photo and opened each one up in photoshop. I moved each photo onto the same page as my main image and cropped them to the size needed. I added a barcode to the front cover because like other front covers on the magazines I have studied they all have a barcode on the front because usually there is an advertisement on the back page. I added a feature picture to go with a feature artcile about year 7's. I thought this would be one of the more interesting stories for parents and pupils so I added a picture to it so that it would grab the readers attention to this story.

Stage four
I then added my masterhead (the title of my magazine). I done this in font, Bell Gothic Std. I thought this was a good neautral font to have through out my magazine. I doen the word 'BUZZ' in font, Snap ITC. I chose this so that it would stand out amongst the rest of the writing. I know it is a buzzword and therefore wanted it to stand out because I know it will grab the readers attention by looking fun and exciting.

Stage five
At stage five I added my tagline, and my date and issue. I added the date and issue number in the same font as that I will use for the rest of the wording on my front page. I used a text box and placed it just above the masterhead. I am following the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover by doing this, because every magazine states the date so you know wether it is a monthly, weekly, or frotnightly magazine. For my tagline I created a black background in purple and put a seperate text box over it as a different layer in white. I put the text in capslocks so that it would stand out and grav the readers attention because the text is an offer of a free lunch card. It says that you can only get a free lunch card in this issue, suggesting that you can only get the free lunchcard if you buy my magazine.

Stage six
The last thing I did was add all of my feature articles to my front cover. I used the same font and kept a colour scheme of pink, white and purple. I used buzz words such as, 'PLUS' and 'YOUR' so grab the readers attention. I also stated the page number of one article to personalise it and intise the reader to want to read my magazine straight away. I also added a webpage for the magazine in the bottom right corner so that the reader can go on my website to read more stories and read more into the magazine. I was happy with my final magazien and thing it was a good task to get me familiar with using photoshop. I also got used to the layour of a magazine front cover and how different font and colour schemes can really make a diffeence to your magazine.





No comments:

Post a Comment