Friday 6 January 2012

DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD PRODUCTION

Here is the production of my double page spread. I produced my double page spread in Quark express like my contents page. I produced this on the same document at my contents page.

Stage 1
I started off with two bank pages which I dragged onto the same document as my contents page. I had to use two pages because it is a double page spread, therefore two pages.


 Stage 2
On my first page I inserted a box for my picture. The original design for my double page spread was to have one full page on the left of a picture of the band. Then the page on the right to be filled with the article itself. Because the article was longer than I expected, it ran over two pages. This just meant that I had to find a solution to filling the third page. When transferring my text onto my double page spread layout, I drew a text box to the size of the right hand page. I then transferred my already edited guardians interview into quark express. In quark express i was able to organise the text into three columns so that it could flow from each column into the next.


Stage 3
Next I added my drop capital and drop quote. My drop capital is the very first letter at the start of my article. I enlarged this letter aside from the rest of my text, i also changed the colour of this letter to maroon to go with the colour scheme I have throughout my magazine. I then added my drop quote. In quark express I was able to create a separate text box which could be placed anywhere between the original text which would move aside for the drop quote. When creating my drop quote, I put certain words in bold and colour, to stand out and grab the attention of the reader. I used a controversial quote to entice the reader to read this article.


Stage 4
The next step was to insert my pictures. I already has a picture box for the first page of my double page spread. I used my main image of the band here. I chose an image which portrays the band and their music well. I also used a second picture to fill in the third page. This picture shows the fun side of the band at band practise, where they are more relaxed and having fun.


Stage 5
This final stage of producing my double page spread was to add a headline, tagline and page numbers. All the text was used over the picture in white so it stood out against the dark picture. I was really happy with my article and pictures which I took. I like the layout of my dps because it really portrays the band and their music well and also portrays a good image for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment